Quality Assurance Specialist
Bismarck or Fargo, North Dakota.
Salary and title are negotiable based on experience.
At CoSchedule, we are looking for a talented, driven, disciplined, and high-potential individual to join our growing Product Team as a Quality Assurance Specialist. As an Quality Assurance Specialist, you will responsible for continuously improving our product quality by executing and improving our QA standards and measures, testing approaches and automation strategies.
At CoSchedule, you will work with some of the smartest product minds in our region in a fast paced development cycle. We offer a unique opportunity to work with bleeding-edge technology, thrive as a professional, and grow rapidly in a small-team startup environment with endless career growth opportunities.
Our customers include some of the largest brands in the world and everything you do here affects thousands of consumers. At CoSchedule we pride ourselves on shipping code on time with fewer bugs. Our customers notice, and they LOVE what we do. Are you ready to join us?
As a Quality Assurance Specialist at CoSchedule you will:
- Collaborate with the Product Team to understand feature functions, and to test then deliver quality solutions for all feature releases.
- Review Product Team features to provide feedback on completeness, testability and other risk areas that could impact product quality.
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation tools to support an aggressive development schedule and release cycle.
- Provide automation solutions for large scale projects from an end-to-end perspective including front-end, middle-tier services and back-end providers.
- Participate in an agile software development life cycle to produce timely and quality software.
- Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product tools (such as logs) to narrow down repo issues steps and isolate the root problem.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years experience writing manual and automated test scripts with the aid of test tools and simulators.
- Excellent ability to find bugs worth fixing. A great Ad-hoc tester.
- Experience analyzing test results to include documenting conclusions and making recommendations.
- Experience recommending strategies and methods to improve test plans and test process.
- Knowledge and experience in reviewing user requirements and documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but drive your projects independently.
- You're proactive in seeking solutions, and have a can-do attitude.
- You're able to effectively communicate and posses escalation skills regarding risk and issue status.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- You think BIG, care deeply about the quality of the work you produce, and enjoy moving fast.
The That’d Be Greats:
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Fully-paid benefits package with Vision, Dental and Medical.
- Fully-paid Life and Long-Term Disability.
- Free parking.
- Free coffee, tea, soda, water – all the hydration you need.
- No limits on sick or vacation days.
- Yearly learning allowance.
- Company-supplied MacBook Pro
- Casual Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- We hold an annual Bratwurst Blowout that usually includes pellet guns and go carts.
- Unpredictable appearance of breakfast pastries.
- Free faxing! (For all your faxing needs)
We live and breathe by the "do what you love, love what you do" philosophy. We do everything we can to create this type of environment.