Product UI/UX Designer
Bismarck or Fargo, North Dakota
Our customers know us as the all-in-one marketing calendar that helps them save a ton of time and get more traffic. Our team knows us as the best place in North Dakota to do what you love, and love what you do. Every. Day.
You should know us as a startup (with all the perks), and the fastest growing technology company in North Dakota. Every day we build, market and support an amazing product that customers from more than 100 countries love. Ready to join us?
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer that loves the challenge of creating amazing user experiences. If you have an eye for clean design, possess superior UI skills and are able to translate high-level requirements into awesome user experiences, CoSchedule might be your soulmate!
In this role, you will join our Product Design Team, and help turn the vision we have for our tool into reality – working from start to finish on product features and updates.
We believe that design lives in code just as much as it lives in Photoshop. Prior experience taking design from mockups to final HTML/CSS is preferred. If you can design and code, and love the challenge of creating amazing things – this position is for you.
CoSchedule is a design-led company and an empowering place for designers to work. We seek to maintain a high Designer:Engineer ratio; we are focused on building our Product Design Team to work with CoSchedule's growing Engineering Team.
Salary and title are negotiable based on experience.
As a UI/UX Designer you will:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept, through engineering, to final hand-off.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Synthesize user feedback to better understand how we can communicate the value of our product to potential customers.
- Proven UI experience, and the portfolio to prove it.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction .
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- You are up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You think big, and enjoy moving fast.
- You care deeply about the quality of the work you produce.
The That'd Be Greats:
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- You love building websites start to finish.
- Familiarity with SASS.
- Experience in A/B testing, UI monitoring, and analytics.
- Equity in a fast growing startup (...you OWN part of what you create!)
- Regular salary reviews and bonus program.
- Fast-paced startup atmosphere.
- Benefits package with life, vision, dental, and medical available.
- Free parking.
- Free coffee, tea, soda, water – all the hydration you need!
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Yearly learning allowance (...becasue we care about your personal development, too.)
- Company supplied MacBook Pro.
- Casual dress.
- We hold an annual Bratwurst Blowout that usually includes pellet guns and go carts.
- Unpredictable appearance of breakfast pastries.
- Free faxing! (...for all your faxing needs!)